Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT) Breakthrough Treatment Techniques for Overcontrolled Personality Disorders, Eating Disorders, and Chronic Depression and Anxiety
Over the last 20 years, this treatment was tested in randomized studies at Duke University and around the world, being funded by the National Institute of Health and other top health organizations.
And the results have been astonishing for clients across diagnoses. Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Clients who had chronic depression saw their symptoms improve over a few months… after struggling with these feelings for several years.
Clients with anxiety that didn’t respond to other evidence-based treatments reported feeling less anxious after using RO-DBT.
And it’s even been effective for treating clients with other issues connected to overcontrol like anorexia nervosa.
Here’s what you’ll get: Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Module 1: Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT) for Disorders of Overcontrol
- The REAL reason 2/3 of clients with depression don’t benefit from current therapies (and the innovative solution)
- How silliness in therapy can help your clients recover from overcontrol issues
- The “Silent Majority Paradox” – why research has ignored the largest group struggling with depression, anxiety, and eating disorders (and how to use new treatments to help them)
Module 2: Social Bonds and Self Control: How Overcontrol Creates Problems in Our Lives
- How the ultimate survival tool can help your clients live happier, more connected lives
- Why you need to help your clients work against having “too much of a good thing”
- The “hunting dogs, swords, and shields” analogy that makes your clients’ underlying issues clear to them
Module 3: Bio-Social Theory for Disorders of Overcontrol: How Overcontrol Develops
- The 3 core features of psychological health (and how RO DBT gives your clients the gift of all 3)
- How to introduce the surprising reasons your client has struggled silently since childhood
- Why your client’s typical coping style has actually made life harder and more isolated (with video demonstration)
Module 4: The RO DBT Neuroregulatory Model: Start with Biotemperament
- “The Big 3 + 1” – the technique you can use to activate your client’s social safety system almost anywhere and anytime, even in the most stressful situations
- How RO DBT targets the brain’s natural way of responding to cues of safety and threat
- Why you’ll see the greatest gains in treatment when starting with interventions targeting the body
Module 5: Assessing Overcontrol: Evaluating If RO DBT is Right for Your Clients
- The 4 core deficits that lead to anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and social isolation
- How to avoid making common mistakes in misdiagnosing this newly discovered population using specific interviews and rating scales
- The challenging step you must take to truly be effective in treating clients with overcontrol
Module 6: Treatment Structure & Targeting: Pulling It All Together
- The critical things you need to do in the first few sessions to set a firm foundation for change
- What are the MOST IMPORTANT behaviors to target first (and why sequencing is so important in making treatment effective for your clients)
- The 8-word question to keep in mind as the key to effective treatment targeting
Find out more Health & Lifestyle Courses Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy