Michael Zipursky – Momentum
Why Become a Consultant?
- What it truly takes to be a successful consultant and how to unlock and realize your full potential…it’s NOT expertise!
- How to enjoy what you REALLY want from a consulting career: freedom and flexibility. And why most consultants never get it and end up settling for just another JOB.
- How to “fire” bad clients…before you ever hire them…and the secret to attracting your ideal clients.
- How to structure your business to insure it supports your lifestyle…not just your client’s needs. This will determine your income earning potential!
Your Challenges & Mindset As An Entrepreneurial Consultant
- How to defeat the crushing loneliness of consulting…don’t underestimate its power!
- How to stay motivated…when it’s only YOU doing the motivating.
- The “passion” factor…how to focus it to drive your success.
- Questions every consultant must ask themselves to know if they’re “cut out” for this business
Day in The Life of a Consultant
- Why the “perfect” schedule does not exist…how to schedule to get the most out of YOUR day.
- Hard lessons learned about scheduling…avoid my mistakes
- How much time will it take you to achieve your goals? If you don’t learn my tough scheduling lessons, a lot longer than you thought!
Lesson 2: Setting The Foundations For Your Consulting Business
Accounting, Legal, Equipment, Office
- The “boring” stuff that can make or break your business
- Should you incorporate? The benefits of incorporating.
- Why you need to hire an accountant NOW
- Why you should invest in hiring a lawyer
- How to know what kind of office will boost your productivity
- Bank account rules and no-nos.
- Pros and cons of working “on site”
Lesson 3: Specialization Secrets
The theory behind specialization
- Why you need to get clear on your ideal client…this might be the most important thing you’ll learn in Momentum
- Why being a “generalist” is a death sentence for your business.
- How “niche-ing down” and getting smaller will snag you MORE engagements
- How should YOU specialize? Get the question to help you find out
Magnetic messaging with specialization
- The real purpose of your messaging…most consultants do NOT get this
- The most important question you can ask “Who is my ideal client?” and how to answer it
- How do you REALLY help your clients? You’d be surprised how many clients don’t really know this
- Why should a client choose you? It’s not about your processes or expertise…it’s about THIS
Putting Your Specialization Into Action
- How to market yourself so your ideal clients can find you
- How to stand out with “impact marketing”
- How to make it brain-dead easy for clients to reach you
- Why you need to be an expert in marketing…and how to do it without feeling sales-y
Lesson 4: Branding and Your Business
The importance of the visual component of your business.
- How to know if you have the right messaging in your marketing materials.
- My favorite resources to help build your brand
- The power of simplicity and why most consultants overcomplicate their marketing message
- How I grew my consulting business with simple tools…and how you can do the same
- The biggest marketing wastes of money…and how to avoid them
- How to get powerful, compelling testimonials…and how to use them in your marketing materials to close more clients
Creating a Lead-Generating LinkedIn Brand
- Why you should make your LinkedIn profile a priority…and how most consultants do it wrong
- How to make sure your LinkedIn profile is “parallel” with your other marketing resources
- Example of a good LinkedIn profile…and what not to do
Applying Your Brand In Your Marketing Materials
- How to design your website to grow your business…not just an online brochure
- 3 real live websites…what they do well and what they don’t
- What to put on your home page…and what to cut
- How to position your services to make visitors ask “how do they do that?”
- The most powerful form of proof…this MUST be on your website
- How to display your contact info…so visitors will actually contact you
- Dos and donts for brochures, case studies, and business cards.
- What to outsource and what to do yourself.
Lesson 5: Strategies for Consulting Fees and Pricing
Setting Your Pricing Foundation With Your Baseline Fee
- Why you must set THIS number first…no, it’s not your hourly rate!
- Why you should NOT charge by the hour…why it’s a tragic, income-limiting mistake
- Better ways to estimate your time…and make more money per hour, per week and per year
The Most Popular Consulting Pricing Model
- How to use project fees to double your income
- The project fee formula I recommend to all my clients
- How to “pad” your fee so you AND YOUR CLIENT are happier in the end
Building Predictable, Recurring Revenue Into Your Consulting Business
- How to use retainers to make more money faster
- How to get your clients to pay more for “access”…and how to position yourself to get them to pay more
- How a retainer alters your relationship with your client…in your favor
- The dangers of “retainer complacency” and how to avoid them
Multiplying Your Profit With Value-Based Fees
- How a higher fee is good for you…and the client
- Why value-based fees are a powerful way to drive up your revenue
- The ROI formula for determining your fee…and making more from each client
- How to figure “tangible” and “intangible” value …and use them to raise your prices
- Dangers of “ROI pricing” and how to avoid them
How Consultants Can Exponentially Grow Their Profit With Performance Deals
- How equity performance deals work…and how to know whether they will work for you
- The risks of equity performance deals and how to minimize them
- Checklist for insuring a successful performance deal
Winning New Business With Discovery Offers
- How discovery offers can raise your revenue fast
- How discovery offers speed up the sales process
- How discovery offers lead to (higher paying) full engagements.
- How to price your discovery offer for maximum revenue
Raising Your Fees With Confidence
- How to raise your fee with new clients and avoid “pushback”
- How to know…”Is raising my fee is worth it?”
- How to “sell” higher fees to your client without being sales-y.
Should You Ever Lower Your Fees To Get Clients?
- How charging less can erode your reputation…and how to know “is it worth it?”
- How lower fees can damage your marketing efforts
- How and when to use discounts effectively
- How to test your fees…and why most consultants never do!
Lesson 6: Effective Contracts and Proposals
Mastering The Consulting Proposal
- How to write a proposal that gets them to call you back…and why most proposals fail miserably
- Why the project overview is the most important…and most ignored part of a proposal
- How to write a result-oriented proposal and why it’s so important
- How to use ROI so your client thinks “investment” not “expense”
- How to layout expectations to avoid scope creep and other nightmares
- How to guarantee your work so that the client says “yes”…And you don’t get screwed
Lesson 7:Client Development for Consultants
Leveraging Your Network For Growth
- Why traditional networking is a waste of time…and how to do it right
- How to find building-business networking events and what to do when you get there
How to use sales managers to find your ideal client on LinkedIn.
- The wrong and right way to connect with your ideal client on LinkedIn.
- How to “add value” in every message to your ideal client.
- How to “nurture” your prospects until they become check-writing clients.
- How to leverage your first degree connections to find new clients and gain business.
Developing New Business with Existing Clients
- How to leverage your results to attract new clients
- What measurements you MUST track to build your magnet messaging
- How adding “continuous value” helps you gain more clients.
- How to get “new business” out of existing clients…and why you should start there
- Questions to ask to get more business from existing clients so they write bigger checks
Lesson 8: Marketing Your Consulting Services
Marketing Mindset of Elite Consultants
- How to develop the marketing mindset of the most successful consultants.
- Become great at marketing even if you don’t consider yourself a marketer – whether you’re an introvert or extrovert.
- The most important thing to have in place BEFORE you start marketing – this makes all the difference.
- Discover the BEST marketing tactic and approach for YOUR specific business.
- The power of consistency and how it will increase your sales 50%, 100%, even 400% and more.
Your Lead Generation Foundation
- How to create a identify and find your ideal clients with precision so you can target them.
- Step by step approach to start conversations with your ideal clients – without feeling salesy or promotional.
- The specific touch points and follow up schedule to use to maximize your response and have more conversations with ideal clients.
LinkedIn Marketing for Consultants
- Most people use LinkedIn all wrong. You’ll learn how to use this platform to start connecting with and having conversations with your ideal clients – not in months or years, but within days!
- Proven high response generating scripts to have your dream clients accept your connection request right away and want to speak with you.
- Tools to make your prospecting on LinkedIn more efficient and effective to turbocharge your results.
Get More Clients with Speaking
- Discover how top consultants use speaking to grow their business.
- Receive template sand scripts to land speaking engagements.
- Use the presentation best practices template to deliver valuable and compelling presentations.
- How to deliver a talk and generate 10, 20 even 50 leads at one time.
- Specific steps to leverage speaking so that your clients and the industry see you as a top authority.
- How to find the best speaking events, regardless of your industry or your location.
The Secret to Using Email to Win Clients
- How to find the contact information of your ideal clients.
- Step by step how to develop a sequence of messages that get your clients to respond.
- How to structure your emails so that buyers are happy to read them and look forward to hearing from you.
- A strategic hook to your emails that will position you as the trusted source and instantly create a strong relationship with your ideal clients.
- The secrets to building a valuable email list that helps you to grow your business for many years to come.
And Much, Much More
- How to write and promote thought leadership content to attract high-value high-paying clients.
- The truth about advertising for consultants – most of the information online is false – and how to actually make it work as a consultant.
- When to use social media and when to ignore it completely – specific lessons for consultants.
- The most important investment in your marketing and business and how to get the best ROI.
- Plus over 50 proven scripts, templates and more!
Lesson 9: Getting Found Online, The Power of SEO
Developing Online Authority & Ranking Your Consulting Website
- The right way to do SEO and why most consultant do it wrong
- How to know what to write about to attract ideal clients
- Why many consultants give up on marketing…and how to avoid their ugly fate
- How to write lead-generating pieces for OTHER websites…and how to find the right ones
- The “interview” strategy for boosting SEO…and landing new clients
Lesson 10: Managing Clients & Relationships
- How to pluck the “low hanging fruit” and harvest prosperous client relationships
- Respect, response and delivery…how to impress your client
- The best way to stop scope creep (without making things awkward)
- How to fire clients (the right way)…this is KEY to reduce stress
- How to craft an unforgettable client experience so that most of your clients become long-term loyal clients
Lesson 11:Consulting Systems for Growth
- The next level: How to scale your consulting business fast.
- The most important activities to focus on when you’re ready to scale and what you MUST avoid.
- How to delegate and build a team (whether you want one or two support staff, of if you want to have a firm with 10-20 people or more.
- The real benefits of outsourcing and contracting and how to do it properly – it will save you a lot of time and money done this way.
- Discover the high-performance approach successful consultants use to create systems and processes to grow their business.
- The best tools, apps and technologies you can use to grow your consulting business.
- And much, much more!
Salepage: Michael Zipursky – Momentum