Centreofexcellence – Massage Therapist Audio Course
What Will You Learn?
Heal, invigorate and relax the body and mind. Massage has been used for centuries to provide whole-body relaxation and restoration – reaching all the major organs and helping the muscles, bones and soft tissues to stay healthy.
This online Massage Therapist Course begins by taking you through various parts of the anatomy and systems of the body, to give important knowledge about why massage is used and in what ways it is beneficial to the body, including which techniques to use for specific ailments. It also details best practices, how to recognise symptoms of various conditions, and how specific clients are treated, for example when it is safe to massage someone in pregnancy, the techniques that are used and those that are avoided.
The massage principle is simple: touch means stimulation. This means that wherever touch is used, the body reacts. Because of the changing landscape of the skin and the body parts it protects, differing levels of touch on the body elicit a range of responses; a soft stroke on the forearm may induce relaxation, but a deeper touch might help the blood vessels in the lower arm take blood back to the heart or stimulate and deepen blood flow to painful muscles.
As you learn massage therapy, you will uncover how to create the right atmosphere for massage and how to conduct a session, to give a positive experience. This includes an overview of the oils used for massage and how the choice of oils can have positive effects on certain conditions of the body or mind.
It then moves onto the practice of the subject; massage techniques and how they are deployed to various parts of the body, and how each treatment is beneficial. The course also takes you through specific massage applications, such as massage for sports and abdominal massage, and their benefits, along with how hydrotherapy is performed.
The course finishes off with some useful pointers and considerations for experienced practitioners looking to set up a business.
Here’s what you’ll get: Massage Therapist Audio Course
- Module 1 – What is Massage?
- Module 2 – Soft Tissues Massage Therapist Audio Course
- Module 3 – The Circulatory System
- Module 4 – The Lymphatic System
- Module 5 – The Nervous System
- Module 6 – The Musculoskeletal System
- Module 7 – Cautions & Contraindications
- Module 8 – Massage and Medicine Massage Therapist Audio Course
- Module 9 – Therapeutic Procedure
- Module 10 – Whole Body Techniques
- Module 11 – Massage on the Back, Neck & Shoulders
- Module 12 – Massage on the Arms & Legs
- Module 13 – Abdominal Massage
- Module 14 – Sports Massage
- Module 15 – Hydrotherapy
- Module 16 – The Spa Setting
- Module 17 – The Business Model
Find out more Health & Lifestyle Courses