Margaret Wehrenberg – 10 Best-Ever Depression Treatment Techniques
Margaret Wehrenberg, PsyD Margaret Wehrenberg, Psy.D., has been in private practice as an addictions counselor and a psychologist for more than 20 years. She is the author of Stress Solutions: Ten Effective Strategies for Eliminating Your Stress. Her 2005 Networker Symposium workshop on anxiety management was the fifth most popular of the 160 sessions at the meeting.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Session 1: The basics of the anxious brain; the correct use of breathing for panic; the different use of breathing for generalized anxiety
- Session 2: How to apply techniques for managing physiological arousal in panic and acute anxiety How to help a client who is anxious while in session
- Session 3: Why stress is so destructive How to teach clients the importance of managing stress Techniques for helping the “stressed out” and overly tense client Lifestyle management Motivating clients to take charge of lifestyle issues that make stress destructive
- Session 4: Techniques to manage rumination and how to make them really work
- Session 5: The combination of arousal and cognition that is problematic for social phobia clients How to use and apply energy therapy techniques, EMDR, and medication in targeted ways for rapid symptom reduction
- Session 6: Alternative methods and when to use them in therapy Discussion of case studies from the instructor and participants Meet Presenter.