Penguin LIVE – Mark Leveridge – 19 Apr 2015
Mark is a full time professional magician, dealer and author with a wide performing experience gained over many years as an entertainer.
In the magic world Mark is well known as an author, inventor and lecturer on close up, children’s and mental magic, his creations, sold by his mail order company Mark Leveridge Magic, being used by magicians from all over the world.
Mark has won several competitions for close up magic including, in 1981, the prestigious Zina Bennett Trophy, the all comers competition for close up magic organised by the British Ring of the International Brotherhood of Magicians.
Mark is a member of several magic societies including the International Brotherhood of Magicians, the Society of American Magicians and the Magic Circle in London where he is an Member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star.
What will he teach?
“The Five Aspects Of Close Up”
Mark will discuss five main situations that close-up is used in:
- Walkabout (where all audience members are standing),
- Table hopping (working at large dinner function tables),
- Restaurant (entertaining at small tables in restaurants and hotel dining rooms),
- Formal close-up show (one off set piece magic on a close up pad),
- Trade show (using close up to promote companies).
For each of the five sections, Mark will be presenting and explaining at least three suitable effects including:
- The Reds And The Blacks – a neat and effective combination of the Submarine Card and Oil And Water
- Reality Check – killer coin routine for walkabout work with a stunning finish
- Assembly Point – a cool coin matrix with a difference
- Parade Of The Kings Remixed – a clever re-working of the classic card prediction effect that is smooth and convincing
- Mindreading Teddy– a great example of how you can take a random object and devise a memorable routine with it
- Co-inci-mental – an up-in-hands commercial colour changing deck routine which is fast and to the point