Meg Hagar – The Role of Nutrition Therapy in Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis
Eczema is an inflammatory skin condition, sometimes better known as atopic dermatitis. This is a painful skin condition that can cause skin irritation, blisters that ooze, and itchy rashes.
Do you ever wonder if there are any proven diets therapies for helping your patients with eczema?
If so, this workshop is for you! We have the latest research and evidence-based practices outlined here for you!
What you will learn :
- How nutrition may play a role in eczema
- Review of the research that exists, areas of promise, and current gaps, and learn how to apply the research to your patients care
- The different types of eczema and atopic dermatitis formation, etiologies and pathogenesis
- 4 different roles the RD can play in the assessment and treatment of eczema
- How food allergies and sensitivities play a role in managing eczema
- Nutrients involved the care of eczema and atopic dermatitis
- Review of possible beneficial supplements/probiotics
- Current treatments and other therapies to consider
- How to implement or seek out a collaborative eczema treatment care team
- Translation of the evidence to practice – how to apply the research to your patient
- Example interventions & case studies to apply to patient care