Matt Giovanisci – PageSpeed for Bloggers
My Name is Matt Giovanisci and I Made This
My Twitter bio says I’m an entertaining entrepreneur, website wizard, podcast producer, music maker, video veteran, and alliteration addict. I spent a lot of time crafting that bio.
I run three websites and a software product all making mid six-figures annually.
Since 2006, I created successful online brands including SwimUniversity.com, RoastyCoffee.com, GetLasso.co, BrewCabin.com, and MoneyLab.co.
I spend most of my social time on Twitter. Hit me up there!
Your Website Will Load in Less Than a Second. I’ll Show You How It’s Possible.
You can make any WordPress site load in less than 1 second with the lessons in this course.
- Avoid Big Speed Mistakes and Shitty Third-Party Software
Everything is trying to slow down your site. I’ll show you how to avoid these page-speed killers. And how to lay a foundation for lightning-fast sites.
- Use The Right Page-Speed Testing Software
Are you getting low and conflicting speed scores with different testing tools? You may be using the wrong tools. I’ll show you the right one and how to use it. Then, how to tell Google your website is fast as shit by scoring a perfect 100!
- Choosing the Perfect Hosting Company and WordPress Theme
Starting with killer web hosting and the right theme can shave a lot off your load times. I’ll go over exactly what I use for hosting and how to pick (or design) the perfect WordPress theme for speed.
- What’s the Deal with Caching and CDNs?
You can dramatically speed up a site with just a few settings in Cloudflare (a free tool). I’ll show you how to set this up on your own site no matter what hosting company or theme you use.
- No More Bloated Plugins and Themes
Included are my recommended plugin and theme picks for improving speed and how to tweak to the settings to speed up load times. This includes image compression, lazy loading, code minification and more!
- Your Images and Videos Will Load Crazy Fast
Shave seconds off your load time by creating and compressing images the right way. Plus, load images and videos as you scroll down the page (aka lazy loading).
- No Coding Required
Ok, I lied. I included FREE code snippets to improve your site speed. But don’t worry, I’ll show you how to copy and paste these code bits into your site without breaking it.
- Fine-Tune Your Site Speed
Finally, I’ll show you how to get a few more milliseconds of speed by optimizing email forms, Google Analytics, Google Fonts, and more!
Here What You’ll Get:
- Page Speed Fundamentals
- An Introduction to Page Speed
- PageSpeed Terms You Need to Know
- Big Mistakes That Kill Website Speed
- How To Test Page Speed
- Fast Website Setup
- Choosing a Fast WordPress Hosting Company
- Choosing a Fast WordPress Theme
- Setting Up Your Site with Cloudflare
- Crafting The Perfect Site Structure for Speed
- Installing WordPress Plugins That’ll Increase Speed
- Speed Settings and Improvements
- The Optimal WordPress Settings for Speed
- How to Enable Minification on HTML, CSS, and JS
- How to Implement Blazing Fast Image Optimization
- How to Create and Inline SVG Images
- Lazy Loading Images and Videos
- How to Speed Up Google Analytics
- How to Load Fonts Locally
- How to Reduce DNS Lookups
- Fine-Tune The WordPress Database
- How to Add Super Fast Email Forms
- Bonus Content
- How to Set Up and Code on a Staging Environment
- Case Study: Carbonate
- Case Study: Brew Cabin
- Case Study: Money Lab
- Case Study – Listen Money Matters
- Swim University Live Stream
(1h 40m 13s)
- Code Snippets and Templates
- Code Snippet: Disable WordPress Emojis
- Code Snippet: Disable WordPress Embeds
- Code Snippet: Remove jQuery Library from WordPress
- Code Snippet: Remove jQuery Migrate Library from WordPress
- Code Snippet: Load Google Fonts Locally
- Code Snippet: Reduce DNS Lookups with Prefetch
- Code Snippet: Remove Gutenberg Block Library CSS
- Code Snippet: Fast ConvertKit Form
- Code Snippet: Async Google Analytics
- WP Rocket – Advanced Options Prefetch Domains
- Become an Affiliate
- How to Join The Affiliate Program
- How to Get Your Affiliate Links