Leslie W. Baker & Mary Ruth Cross – Suicidality and Suicide Loss in Children and Teens: Prevent Suicide and Restore Hope to Kids Grieving After Traumatic Loss
Suicide shatters worlds. And working with suicide is one of the most nerve-wracking and emotionally draining parts of your job.
Whether your client is a suicidal young person, or one who’s grieving in the aftermath of a loved one’s death by suicide, the weight of the situation can leave you feeling uncertain of your next steps and looking for answers …
- How do I identify true suicidal intent and/or lethality?
- How do I effectively work with kids and adolescents when their developmental levels vary drastically?
- How do I restore hope when a loved one’s sudden, and sometimes violent, death has left a child or adolescent in an emotional freefall?
This recording will provide you with answers to your toughest questions and give you the tools you need to assess for suicide risk in kids and adolescents, effectively intervene in suicidal crisis, and help them cope with the feelings that can leave them at risk for suicide.
You’ll also learn how to apply play therapy interventions for children and teens whose worlds’ have been shattered following a loved ones’ death by suicide.
Along with guidance from our expert instructors, these evidence-based techniques will empower you to work with vulnerable young people experiencing traumatic grief more skillfully than ever before.
This recording will leave you feeling confident and capable in your ability to move young clients toward hope and healing!
- Identify risk factors and warning signs of suicidal behavior in children and adolescents to increase skills in risk assessment of suicidality.
- Analyze protective factors that may reduce suicidal behavior in children and teens.
- Apply play-based interventions to reduce suicidal thoughts and/or suicidal behaviors in children and teens.
- Implement assessment tools that identify children and teens at highest risk for suicidality.
- Determine the role of parents and caregivers in suicide risk assessment and prevention situations.
- Articulate and apply play-based interventions to address childhood traumatic grief (CTG) for children and teens who are survivors of suicide loss.