Dr. James F.G. Bugental – Existential – Humanistic Psychotherapy
Existential-Humanistic Psychotherapy in Action shows this legendary clinician and teacher conducting two actual psychotherapy sessions with the same client. Witness Bugental put into practice the concepts he has written about in numerous classic texts and over 100 journal articles and chapters:
- Facilitating client and therapist presence
- Working with resistance (to fuller living, not just to therapy)
- Balancing confrontation with support
- Reinforcing client subjectivity as fertile ground for true depth work
- Guiding clients into the search process
Each session is followed by a thoughtful group discussion with Dr. Bugental; further insight is added when the client shares her reflections. The depth and sensitivity of Dr. Bugental’s approach are such that you’ll want to study them again and again — they are the perfect training videos for beginning and experienced therapists alike.
- Increase understanding of facilitating client and therapist presence.
- Increase understanding of working with resistance (to fuller living, not just to therapy).
- Increase understanding of balancing confrontation with support.
- Increase understanding of reinforcing client subjectivity as fertile ground for true depth work.
- Increase awareness of the developmental influences and primary theoretical constructs of Existential/Humanistic psychotherapy.
- Increase understanding of the primary Existential/Humanistic therapeutic tools and interventions.