Andrea Hardy – Nutrition & The Gut Microbiota
Are you curious about the role diet has in maintaining the gut microbiome, and its implications for human health?
The human gut microbiome is home to many microorganisms, like bacteria, viruses, fungi, and protozoa, and have an important symbiotic relationship with the human gastrointestinal tract. It is now well accepted that a healthy gut microbiota is fundamental for the overall health of the individual.
There has been a lot of gut microbiome research in the past decade, and Andrea Hardy, RD is here to get you up to speed with the relationship between the gut microbiota and human health.
What you’ll learn:
- What is the gut microbiome
- Functions of the gut microbiota
- Conditions that are influenced by the gut microbiota
- What is the gut barrier
- How does nutrition play a role in gut barrier integrity
- How nutrition influences the gut microbiota
- Current evidence based practice – nutrition interventions and the gut microbiota