Alphashark – How To Beat Hedge Funds In The Longer Term
The discussion in this workshop will focus on how retail traders can take advantage of the information offered by institutional order flow.
- Why would a trader want to follow unusual options activity for swing trades?
- Who places the large block orders and how can I use them?
- What makes an order “unusual” and how does a trader know it is actionable?
- Where can a trader get access to institutional orderflow?
- How does a trader use this information to take higher probability trades in the stock and options markets?
- We will look at why these insights are important, and how traders can gain access to ‘the tape.’
Once we determine how to identify ‘unusual’ orders, we will examine how traders can use this information to structure trading strategies with medium to longer term holding periods.
Finally, we will introduce a new, in-depth trading plan that walks a trader through the process of identifying, analyzing, and executing trades in the equity options market based on information gained from institutional order flow.