Susan Hamre – Building Social, Emotional and Cognitive Development in Children
In this interactive seminar, you will learn practical strategies to improve your client’s emotional health, social competence and cognitive abilities. Discover evaluation and treatment plans for children (birth-13 years old) who demonstrate social-emotional challenges, including those diagnosed with disorders/delays in communication, development, cognition, autism, sensory processing, behavior and attachment. This seminar also includes social-emotional development as it relates to cultural influences, adoption, child abuse and neglect.
Walk away with a “social-emotional intervention toolbox” to enhance your client’s overall successful integration into society.
The essential strategies and techniques you will learn include:
- Scripts and first person stories to develop creative language
- Sensory diets that can be easily integrated throughout daily routines
- Methods to help the child identify, express and label their feelings
- Video modeling techniques to develop joint attention
- Activities to reduce stimulation and provide calm
- Systems to provide family structure and consistency in the home
- Techniques that can be used in the clinic, home and school
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn strategies that can be implemented immediately with some of your most challenging clients.
Find out more Medical Skills Courses Emotional and Cognitive Development