Peter – (Instructor-led) Conversational Spanish for Colombia
Ditch beginner’s Spanish and master the language as Colombians really speak it (self-study only)
Peter Low is the author of the book, Colombian Spanish: phrases, tips and expressions to help you speak like a local, and edits a blog of the same name.
On first arriving to Colombia in 2007 he spoke little Spanish, but gradually (and painfully) built up his skills enough to gain work as a translator for clients including UK government agencies and academic journals. To pay the bills, Peter has written plenty of serious-type articles on Colombia for the likes of University College London and Jane’s Intelligence Review. However, it is the Spanish language — and especially its Colombian incarnation — that has always been his real passion.
Peter is joined as an instructor on this course by teachers from some of Colombia’s best Spanish schools including: Colombia Immersion (Medellín), Nueva Lengua (Bogotá / Cartagena / Medellín), Social Spanish Medellín, Centro Catalina (Cartagena / Medellín) and many others besides.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Fundamentals of Colombian Spanish study
- Beyond “¿cómo estás?”: The fine art of Colombian small talk
- Killing off gringo-isms
- Getting social: having fun with Colombian friends
- The crazy world of love and dating in Colombia
- Taking Colombian Spanish to the next level
- OTHER LEARNING TOOLS: eBook, flashcards, assignment answers and index
Find out more Business & Marketing Courses
Proof: Conversational Spanish for Colombia