Coach K – From Setback to Success
Turn a setback into a success with lessons from Coach K’s 2015 National Championship run and actionable takeaways for you to realize your own victory.
Even after almost four decades of enormous success as a college basketball coach, Coach K is still adapting. After a first-round NCAA tournament loss in 2014, Coach K was faced with decisions over the coming year of how to adapt his program and his own leadership approach to make sure their first-round defeat didn’t happen again. His decisions ultimately led the Duke program to yet another NCAA Championship just one year after the first-round loss.
Through this course, you’ll learn about the decisions Coach K faced and how he adapted both his own approach and his team’s, resulting in the sport’s ultimate success. These lessons are applicable well beyond basketball with questions and takeaways that you can apply to whatever personal or professional setback you’ve faced.
Here’s what you’ll get:
Coach K on Turning Setbacks into Success
- Introduction (0:31)
- March Madness (1:42)
- March Madness: What Coach K did (2:18)
- A Summer Abroad (2:37)
- A Summer Abroad: What Coach K did (1:15)
- Conclusion (1:43)
- Fast Break: The concept of “Next Play” (2:13)
- Fast Break: Encouraging a sense of ownership through dialogue (1:53)
- Fast Break: Dealing with success and defeat (1:49)
- Fast Break: Continually building, growing, improving and adapting (2:45)
- Game plan for success
Salepage: Coach K – From Setback to Success
Find out more Business & Marketing Courses
proof: From Setback to Success