30 Days to Backflip
How can someone learn to flip by themselves?
You don’t need gymnastics lessons to learn to flip…
You don’t need a foam pit or a trampoline either…
You don’t even need a spotter…
This program will show you a method of learning to backflip that doesn’t require these things and isn’t dangerous. The methodology in this program is meant to slowly break your fear of flipping by practicing alternative movements that progress as you gain confidence.
Over 30 days you will work your way up to the backflip. Your training will consist of specific skill based movements as well as workouts to build leg and core strength, body control and stability.
You should at no time feel like you need to “send it”. The efforts you put into this program will result in your first flip being smooth and organic.
Trust the process and you’ll be flipping in one month.
PREPARE THE BODY 30 Days to Backflip
The backflip requires power, coordination, and a bit of overall athleticism. The program consists of workouts to add explosive jumping power, core strength, and more.
BREAK THE FEAR 30 Days to Backflip
We break the fear of backflipping by training alternative skills and movements. These skills slowly progress in their resemblance to the actual backflip. The goal is to make you as comfortable as possible
PRACTICE THE SKILL 30 Days to Backflip
The next most important part of the backflip is understanding the mechanics. This program will break down the skills in details and allow you to practice pieces of a whole until you progress.
This is accomplished through repetition. The app will guide you through daily and weekly training sessions meant to help you build body awareness and overall confidence.
Week 1: Basic Backflip Fitness
- Day 1: Basic Full Body Strength
- Day 2: Basic Stretching And Conditioning Yoga Routine
- Day 3: Adding more mobility and speed (squat + core)
- Day 4: Advancing Stretching and Conditioning
- Day 5: Adding explosive movements (jumps are key)
Week 2: Backflip Mobility and Injury Prevention
- Day 1: Advancing Mobility and Flexibility
- Day 2 Stretching and Conditioning
- Day 3: Learning Bridge with one arm out
- Day 4: Intro to Inversion (adding rolls)
- Day 5: Learning to catch a fall (“burpee catch”)
Week 3: Progression to a Backflip
- Day 1: Into to Backflip techniques and reducing fear
- Day 2 Using deep yoga stretches for insurance
- Day 3: Intro to Macaco (basic technique)
- Day 4: Improving the Macaco
- Day 5: Mastering the Macaco (starting without hand)
Week 4: Learning and Mastering your Backflip
- Day 1: Solidifying backflip techniques (set, jump, tuck, land)
- Day 2: Sitting Macaco to standing Macaco
- Day 3: Your first Backflip
- Day 4: Building Backflip Confidence
- Day 5: Mastering your backflip technique
Salepage: 30 Days to Backflip
Find out more Health & Lifestyle Courses