Gina M. Biegel – 3-Day Interactive Training: Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Teens Certificate Training
The teen adapted version of MBSR recognized by Jon Kabat-Zinn
Gina will skillfully guide you step-by-step through this course, fully preparing and certifying you to use MBSR-T with your clients and students in clinics and schools.
It’s a high-stress and demanding life for teens today—social life, school, work, and family can easily become overwhelming for adolescents. Many teens are irritable, angry, in pain, and out of control. Without healthy interventions, they are prone to anxiety, depression, self-harm, and other psychological, and physiological issues.
Fact: 1 in 5 youth 13-18 years of age have or will have a serious mental illness.
Now that we recognize the problem lets discuss a solution.
By watching this training, you will be able to teach teens how to shift their thinking away from impulsive, thoughtless, and judgmental ways of reacting to life and teach them to mindfully respond. Mindfulness skills provide teens with an anchor and compass to guide them when they feel emotionally dysregulated, stressed, anxious and depressed. Teach teens to live rather than just exist in an ever-increasing multi-media stimulated technological environment.
MBSR-T will help teens: 3-Day Interactive Training
- Shift from reactivity and impulsivity to thoughtful responding
- Move from feeling powerless to feeling a sense of agency and control
- More accurately perceive and appraise stressful situations
- Decrease negative judgments
- Increase positive coping strategies and decrease self-harming thinking and behaviors
- Increase and maintain an overall since of health and well-being
The world-renowned Jon Kabat-Zinn MBSR program, can be molded for teens and be life-changing.
Find out more Medical Skills Courses